venerdì 19 maggio 2017

LOVE LETTER TO MY CHILDREN

Beloved children of mine,

in few days, God willing, I'll reach my sixtieth year of age, to understand each other, that one which make you jokingly yell: "Dad, you're an old man!", and I wish, with these few lines, to express my gratitude and happiness, moreover to have given to my life a purpose. Dear Stella, dear Cecilia, dear Matteo, dear children of mine, each and every one of you earned a piece of my heart and almost my very own soul. Each of you, as load bearing columns, carry the weight of my humble life, making sense of everything, even pain. I imagine for you a bright and colorful future, which would make you grow in health, pride and dignity. I imagine your future, even if I'm not longer on this heart holding your hand and helping you not to do the mistakes I've done. Because of it I was always careful where I'd put my own feet, so each of you could have followed my own footsteps. Forgive me if sometimes I wasn't able to be at the level of the expectations you have of me, but be aware that everything I've done in my life, I've been doing it with everyone's respect, and within the limits which belongs to whomever walks the ground of this earth. I would hug you all, to transfer my love, but most than everything to have comfort of being able to carry this heavy and humble life of mine.

Your Dad Fabio

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento